Wednesday, October 15, 2008

How others see us

Following on from our post yesterday on the philosophy of regulation, we have received an e-mail from an Italian reader. He writes:

I have read with great interest the blog entry mentioned in subject. I cannot say how much I agree with this view.

I call the two philosophies "traffic light philosophy" versus "roundabout philosophy", being the first one where everything is regulated by what are rigid, inefficient, stupid rules that no amount of software or hardware can make working, and the second where people very efficiently regulate themselves using their own brains.

Of course, I cannot avoid to notice that in UK roundabouts have traffic lights ...
Nuff said? The next thing, I suppose is that we have traffic lights that go: red - red/amber - red. Using green lights is far too dangerous.

COMMENT THREAD